How to make Kinamatisang Buwad with Butter (YUM!!)

Alright, so it's been a while since I posted a food blog about how to make Dalgona coffee, the simple way. Today, I'm going to share with you the tastiest and the tangiest "kinamatisang buwad" in Bisaya, with butter. 

Years ago, the last time I cooked this Filipino all-time favorite breakfast meal, I used vegetable oil which turned out to be really delicious as well. But when I tried to substitute it with butter, I was surprised that it was indeed more tasty and tangy. The butter + tomatoes combination was really on point!

I just prepared 6 ripe tomatoes (cut into cubes. You need them ripe to achieve the tangy taste), 1 large onion (minced), 4 pieces of "pinikas nga buwad" or dried fish, salted butter, ground pepper to taste. There's no need to add salt since the dried fish is already enough to balance the saltiness. 


First off, you need to wash the fish thoroughly to remove the strong salty taste. What we need is for the fish to only have a mild saltiness. Get a pan and turn on the heat and put it the butter. Make sure you don't burn the butter. So, once the butter melts, put in both the onion and tomatoes. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring it carefully. 

Make sure you squeeze the tomatoes to get that flavor come out and incorporate it with the butter. This will take about 5 minutes. Once done, put in the fish and pepper and then mix them all up for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place it on a plate.

I guarantee you this is the best kinamatisang buwad ever. Until next time.

Comments

Popular Posts